Medical research continues to show decreased COVID spread by masking and social distancing
Cedar Rapids, IA – In effort to protect patients, visitors, healthcare workers and other members of the community, UnityPoint Health – Cedar Rapids and Mercy Cedar Rapids are reminding the community of their universal masking policies.
- All individuals must wear a mask upon entering the hospitals and clinics and it must remain on for the duration of the visit.
- Patients and visitors are encouraged to bring their own masks. Otherwise, one will be provided upon arrival.
- Masks should always cover the nose and mouth.
- Masks do not replace the need for social distancing. Please try to maintain a six feet distance between individuals.
- Both UnityPoint Health and Mercy Cedar Rapids have homemade mask patterns available on their websites for the public to download. Both hospitals continue to accept mask donations, especially for pediatric patients.
The masking requirement will remain in place at both hospitals and their respective clinics for the foreseeable future. Adherence to these hospital policies is appreciated.