Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Dubuque was founded in 1931 as a non-profit, social service organization in the Archdiocese of Dubuque and is part of a national social services network through Catholic Charities USA. We offer a wide variety of programs for individuals who are in the greatest need and we welcome people of all faiths and backgrounds.
Catholic Charities Mission:
The mission of Catholic Charities is to reduce poverty, strengthen families and empower communities in the 30 most northeast counties of Iowa.
Catholic Charities Vision:
Through our partnerships with parishes and communities, we respond to changing social needs and provide help and create hope for the most vulnerable populations.
- People can recover, reclaim and transform their lives.
- All people have unique strengths.
- Every person deserves a warm, safe and affordable place to call home.
- Family is the foundational structure of society and must be supported.
- Community provides a key to helping people achieve well-being.
- All people should have access to affordable health care, jobs that pay a livable wage, and economic security to plan for the future.