Palliative Care is all about you. We are a designated team designed to help you and your family make decisions regarding a serious, ongoing medical condition. The purpose is to focus on quality of life while considering your healthcare decisions and goals.
The Palliative Care team works with you through all the stages of your illness (you do not have to be dying) in order to improve your quality of life as well as support you and your family throughout the disease process. Our services are available for individuals with potentially life-limiting medical conditions such as but not limited to:
- Acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS)
- Advanced Heart disease
- Advanced Lung disease
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Kidney failure
- Liver disease
- Neurological diseases
The Palliative Care team strives to care for you and your family as a “whole person” We work alongside you through all stages of your condition. Our Care team will strive to:
- Help you and your family understand your illness and treatment options
- Aim to reduce your pain and suffering
- Improve the quality of life for both you and your family
- Work with you, your family and your doctors to create a plan of care that meets your needs
- Communicate this plan as you move through different healthcare settings
Once the Palliative Care team receives a doctor’s order, we schedule a consultation with you and your loved ones. The purpose is to talk about your intentions and wishes. We will move with you as you enter various healthcare settings, communicating your goals with the medical staff at each location and making sure your wishes are respected and honored.