- This event has passed.
Nesting: An Event for Expecting Parents – by Mercy Medical Center
April 1, 2017 @ 10:00 am - 12:30 pm
Mercy Medical Center is hosting “Nesting: An Event for Expecting Parents,” from 10 a.m.-12:30 p.m. April 1. This open house event at Mercy’s Lundy Pavilion, 701 10th St. SE, Cedar Rapids, is designed to be educational and offer expecting parents a chance to see what they can expect when they have their baby at Mercy.
Educational opportunities available:
- Meet Mercy pediatricians, labor nurses and staff from OB offices
- Take pregnancy-related classes such as prenatal yoga, breastfeeding basics, breathing techniques and pain control during labor, and infant CPR
- Get tips from Mercy lactation consultants
- See the Birthplace’s bed with Tempur-Pedic overlay
- Check out the Spectra Breast Pump
The event is free and open to the public. For more information, contact Michelle Altmaier, Birthplace Program Coordinator, at (319) 398-6344.