- This event has passed.
Free Prostate Cancer Screening by Community Health Free Clinic and Mercy Medical Center
August 11, 2021 @ 4:00 pm - 5:30 pm
What: Free prostate screening for men who are uninsured, underserved and/or do not have a primary care physician. Walk-ins only. No appointment is necessary. The screening event is a joint initiative of the Community Health Free Clinic and Mercy Medical Center in Cedar Rapids.
The screening will include:
- PSA test on-site (blood test)
- Prostate exam that takes approx. one minute
- A $20 gift card will be provided to participants following the screening
When: 4 to 5:30 p.m. on Wed., Aug. 11, 2021
Where: Community Health Free Clinic, 947 14th Ave. SE, Cedar Rapids, IA
Why: Prostate cancer is the most common cancer in men (after skin cancer). It is a cancer of the prostate gland, which when diagnosed early is highly treatable.
- The screening is for men 40 years of age or older at high risk, including:
- African American men
- Men with a family history of prostate cancer (son, brother or father)
- All men 50 years of age or older
For more information, contact Darlene Schmidt or Jamie Henley at Community Health Free Clinic, at 319-363-0416. Phones are answered from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.