A Great Place to Live and Visit
Cedar Rapids is located in the heart of Eastern Iowa and is the second largest city in the state. Nicknamed the “City of Five Seasons,” Cedar Rapids’ fifth season is the time spent enjoying life and the other four seasons.
The city is frequently noted on Livability.com’s “Best Of” lists. Here are a few recent accolades:
- Best Cities for Affordable Healthcare – Top 10
- Best Affordable Places to Live – Top 10
- Best Cities for Kids – Top 10
- Best Places to Live – Top 100
But the rankings don’t stop there!:
- 49th Best Run City in America Services (Wallethub.com, Aug. 2016)
- 14th Best City Services (Wallethub.com, Aug. 2016)
- 1 Best Place in America to Raise a Child (SmartAsset, Aug. 2016)
- 5th Happiest Zip Code in America (Movoto Real Estate, Feb. 2015)
- 4 Best Mid-Sized Cities for Education (Movoto Real Estate, Jan. 2015)
- 6th Best Place to Start a Business (nerdwallet.com, April 2015)
- Iowa – No. 1 Place to Retire (MoneyRates.com, Feb. 2017)
Our desire to advance medical excellence and develop a medical destination is the reason the MedQuarter was established in Cedar Rapids. Our city has developed a new model of care that brings fragmented services from around the city to one medical district.
The MedQuarter is a 55-square-block area in a thriving downtown. It includes Mercy Medical Center, UnityPoint Health – St. Luke’s Hospital, Physicians’ Clinic of Iowa and more than 100 other healthcare providers. The medical district area has all the dining, entertainment, culture and services a resident or visitor could hope for – all near your providers’ offices.